Thursday, October 8, 2009

Blog hopping

I blogged for 3+ years on Yahoo! 360. Now they've closed it down. I've tried blogging on MySpace, but not all the people in my life who read my blog use that site. So here's my next attempt! LOL! For the moment I'm moving some stuff from the closed blog to here. Check back for new stuff later on.


~~~ Rules for housecats ~~~

BATHROOMS - Always accompany guests to the bath room. It is not necessary to do anything. Just sit & stare.
DOORS - Do not allow any closed doors .. in any room. To get the door opened, stand on hind legs & hammer with forepaws. Once door is opened, it's not necessary to use it. After you have ordered an outside door opened, stand half-way in & out & think about several things. This is particularly important during very cold weather, rain, snow, or mosquito season. Doorways are perfect for bathing and napping.
CHAIRS AND RUGS - If you have to throw up get to a chair quickly. If you cannot manage in time, get to an Oriental rug. If there is no Oriental rug, shag is good. When throwing up on the carpet, make sure you back up so it's as long as a human's bare foot.
HAMPERING - If one of your humans is engaged in any activity, and the other is idle, stay with the busy one. This is called helping, otherwise known as hampering. Following are the rules for hampering:
*When supervising cooking, sit just behind the left heel of the cook. You cannot be seen and thereby stand a better chance of being stepped on and then picked up and comforted. *For book readers, get in close under the chin, between eyes and book --unless you can lie across the book itself.
*When human is working at computer, jump up on desk, walk across keyboard, bat at mouse pointer on screen, and then lay in human's lap across arms, hampering typing in progress.
*If human is trying to put anything in a box, jump into the box to anchor it.
*When human is is doing laundry, try to get into the basket of clothes. Better yet, hop in the dryer to insure your fur is on everything.
*If human is tying shoes, untie them with your claws. Catching their fingers is worth extra!
WALKING - As often as possible...dart quickly & as close as possible in front of the human ... especially on stairs, when they have something in their arms, in the dark & when they first get up in the morning. This will help their co-ordination skills.
BEDTIME - Always sleep on the human at night so he/she cannot move around.
MORNING - Be sure to wake your human at least an hour before the alarm clock goes off. Preferred methods of human waking are biting a toe, walking across a face, or swatting at eyelashes.
LITTER BOX - When using the litter box, be sure to kick as much litter out of the box as possible. Humans love the feel of kitty litter between their toes. Also feel free to relieve yourself in other places from time to time to keep your human motivated. Shoes and suitcases are perfect spots to hide poop.
HIDING - Every now and then, hide in a place where the humans cannot find you and ... do NOT come out for three to four hours under any circumstances. This will cause the humans to panic (which they love) thinking that you have run away or are lost. Once you do come out ... the humans will cover you with love & kisses, and you probably will get a treat.


~~~~ Blog post from Feb 16th, 2009 ~~~~

Holy crap! What a long, strange 21 days we've had! After losing power in the early morning of Jan 27th, we had it restored on the evening of Feb 11th. Today was day 21 without cable and internet.......until this afternoon. It's so nice to be on my OWN computer in my OWN chair, at my OWN house! I don't type the same without my JoJo in my lap.
I'll start with all the thank-yous. Thanks to Amy, Stephanie, Neil, John & Melissa, Mom & Dad, Sherri & Bobby. You each know which thank-yous are yours! Thanks for the warm place to sleep,for keeping one or both children, for feeding us, the computer & internet access, the hot showers,the laundry services, the replacement food! Thanks for the loan of the kerosene heater and the generator. Thanks for all the Upward thoughts!
Tues Jan 27th was the day of the ice storm and the beginning of the "dark ages" for us. We all went to Mom and Dad's that day for Mom's B-day cake and to take showers. We came back to the house that night and all dressed in layers of clothing, including gloves, and I piled the kids in one room under half our blankets. Hubby and I huddled under the other half. It got down to 41 degrees in our house overnight. Wed Jan 28th I took both kids and we spent the day at Domino's.....along with the boss's two kids and another driver's two kids. We spent maybe an hour at home that evening before I called my Mommy and begged for a hotel room! The kids and I stayed in Bowling Green that night, hubby stayed at Domino's. Thu Jan 29th C & POE & I hung out at Amy's until MDM and I met so he could keep the kids. Over 15,000 were still without power. Hubby & I spent the night at Amy's. Fri & Sat Jan 30th & 31st hubby and I both worked at Dominos and then stayed in a hotel in Cave City. Sun Feb 1st we got the kids back from MDM. Still no power, still no school. POE & C & I stayed at Sherri & Bobby's that night. Hubby toughed it out at home. Mon Feb 2nd I found us a propane heater and did about 5 loads of laundry at a laundromat. I took POE & C to Mom & Dad who had no powers either....but had a generator! Hubby and I stayed home with the scary, loud, fire-belching propane heater. Tue Feb 3rd Stef got her power back and loaned us a kerosene heater. I traded POE to her for it! LOL! C stayed with Mom & Dad, hubby and I stayed at home. Wed Feb 4th Mom & Dad's power came back on and they brought us a generator to use. We all moved back home into two rooms. Thu Feb 5th school resumed. POE & C went to MDM's for the weekend and hubby and I put both heaters in our room. Then I stopped keeping notes LOL! From then until Wed Feb 11th we existed at home and went elsewhere for showers and laundry and hot meals! I have never been happier than I was Wed night when we pulled in after dinner and shower time at Mom's and saw my porch light on!!!!!!
My house still isn't QUITE recovered from the 16 day disaster. I have gotten almost all the laundry caught up and found all the "spite piles" (hidden poop, cat owners know) JoJo & Angel left for us. The animals all stayed home the whole time. POEs fish died over days 5 & 6 of the outage. POE buried them at Mom & Dad's with a nice marker. "Tiny, Jaws, Spike, Vivaldi & Midnight the five greatest fish" I spent an hour twice a day here huddled under a blanket loving on my JoJo every day that we were powerless and home-hopping. She was happy when we got the generator and started staying here longer than an hour! LOL! I was adding up what I spent on the stuff in my deep freeze when I emptied it. After I got over $100 in just meat, I stopped. UGH depressing. And ewwwww what a smell. I bought a lot of baking soda. The 1st few days after the fish died they were in a plastic container in the deep freeze. It STILL smells like dead fish. And thawed out roast. And fish sticks. *gag*
Anyway, sorry I'm so behind on my e-mail. When I logged on tonight I had 76 new messages. It's just too much to deal with! LOL! I'll get to that tomorrow. HUGS and LUV to all!


Okay, i'll be on here at least once a week, like I used to be on the original blog! HUGS and LUV ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment