Thursday, February 3, 2011

I'm not dead......just broken

Too much has gone on in my life to even begin to put it all down LOL! 2011 has been a good year so far. Winter hasn't been as harsh here as in many other states. I'm lovin' my McJob :) It's nice to go to work, PARK my car, and not have to spend 6 hours driving hither and yon with pizzas. I can see myself staying with McDs for a good long while. And not just because I save on wear & tear on my car!! I enjoy the morning crew that I work with, and my shifts are never boring :)

My only resolution for 2011 is to keep the people in my life who bring me joy, and to kick the rest to the curb. So far, so good! I probably should've resolved to blog more, or lose weight, or quit smoking, but I thought if I stuck with just ONE resolution, I'd have a better shot at keeping it all year.

The kids are all great. They have 7 snow days to make up already and winter has been mild. Christian is doing really well in school this year and he has been progressing in his social skills. Sharayah has been growing like a weed in a cow patty. I predict she'll be taller than me (5'8") by the end of next year. Annie is in her second semester of college, and working a lot.

Hubby has been working his tail off, like he always does. We've been making a concerted effort to have a "date day/night" every week. It's nice to have time to ourselves :) Plus I never turn down an opportunity to eat at Applebee's!

I end with this poem, in honor of my friend who lost her daughter this year. Mothers know about this cord. My heart aches for her.

~The Invisible Cord~
We are connected,
My child and I,by
An invisible cord
Not seen by the eye.

It’s not like the cord
That connects us ’til birth
This cord can’t been seen
By any on Earth.

This cord does its work
Right from the start.
It binds us together
Attached to my heart.

I know that it’s there
Though no one can see
The invisible cord
From my child to me.

The strength of this cord
Is hard to describe.
It can’t be destroyed
It can’t be denied.

It’s stronger than any cord
Man could create
It withstands the test
Can hold any weight.

And though you are gone,
Though you’re not here with me,
The cord is still there
But no one can see.

It pulls at my heart
I am bruised…I am sore,
But this cord is my lifeline
As never before.

I am thankful that God
Connects us this way
A mother and child
Death can’t take it away!

No comments:

Post a Comment